Product Management at Flipkart
Product management at Flipkart works with engineering and business to build products from ideation to launch. They are customer champions, work with a long term vision and are action oriented. Product managers help engineering and business partners on a problem, and ensure speed and impact in product development. Product Managers are also responsible for ensuring data is captured across products with exhaustiveness and accuracy.
As Product Manager you will drive the creation of the functional charter, or in other words drive the optimization of our flow of goods in required geographical areas . For example, you will create products for Ekart’s business teams that will improve the network and asset productivity in major cities as well as drive the development of algorithms underpinning these solutions.
· Build the product strategy and product roadmap for the Functional charter in line with EKART’s goals and strategies.
· Initiate and prioritize projects, and take the lead when determining the best implementation methods.
· Evaluate complex systems, design solutions, and work with technology teams to implement solutions.
· Own all Product Management aspects from conception onwards and drive it through development, testing, acceptance and adoption to launch.
· Mentor and manage junior staff members.
· Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify and solve pain-points that can be addressed through technology.
Your Array (Nice To Haves)
You need to have that rare combination of a strong business and a technical background. In addition to affinity with Supply Chain, eCommerce and/or Product Management we ideally like to see in-depth understanding in relevant areas such as network optimization, machine learning
and/or data mining.
You must have
· a vision for the future of supply chain and be abreast of the current the state of technology
· product experience with large-scale enterprise systems or systems with a complex business logic
· ability to deliver data-driven solutions and confidence dealing with large quantities of information and data
· ability to think Out-of-the-Box and turn ambiguous problems into solutions
· accustomed to drive results in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with little instruction or oversight
· a hands-on, can-do attitude; fun to work with
· excellent written and oral communication skills